Monday, August 31, 2009

Boulder Utah Trip


When my mom was young my grandparents would bring her and her sister to boulder utah for the summer. They have had this house there ever sense. When my grandparents got to old to take care of it and come there my aunt emily bought it so it would stay in the family. My mom has brought us here every summer our whole lives so it is what we do every summer at least once. It is a favorite for sure. Everyone we take there loves it. It's hard not to. The town has about 150 people that live there so its away from everything. A lot of good times. This was Colton's second trip there and he has loved it since the first day we went last year.
The traditional picture on the front porch before we leave. This was the group of the trip.
Cooper was so pooped from the day he passed out. This is how we found him sleeping.
All the mighty fishermen. We caught a total of 14 fish this trip, 1 the night before, 3 up at Kings pasture and 10 that night at the power plant. Colton caught the huge one on the end at the end of the night.
Colton's last caught of the night, biggest I have ever seen come out of this pond. It was 16 inches long.
Jenna catching one of her many fish of the night. Colton was our official fish taker offer.
Bailey and Rachel waiting for their line to catch. We all caught a lot here.
The first fish caught of the day up at Kings Pasture. We didn't get many bite all day up there. I caught two of the four that were caught there. I let this one go, a little small.
We hiked down to a place called the upper calf creek falls. This is on the edge of the canyon looking over the falls. We don't swim in the actual falls. There is a pool above the falls that we jump off an edge into. It is Ice cold and a lot of fun. It's the traditional hike we take all new comers on.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I didn't know that you had a blog, I am so excited. Welcome to the world of blogging, it's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! I just found your blog through Jenna's. Great to see pics of you guys in Boulder, I sure have lots of fond memories of going there. Good times.

    Here is my blog address: http://parellimom.blogspot.com/

    (I have pics of Jenna's family up on the top 3 posts.)

    Looks like you and Colton are doing great. Tell your fam "hi" for us. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete