Sunday, September 19, 2010

Octane FC

The more I look at my blog the more I realize how much of my life has not been talked about here at all. So much has happened and nobody gets the pleasure of hearing about it. Sorry these posts are all out of order and in September but at least they are being said. I'll work on it. For about 2 to 3 months I had the opportunity to coach a girls soccer team in Vernal and Roosevelt. I actually got to help coach the Union High School team last fall and thats where I got started with this team. In January some girls from the team came to me asking me to help coach their spring team they wanted to play on. There was a new club being put together I found out later and that is who we would play under in the comp traveling league. We couldn't get enough girls for a full team in either Roosevelt or Vernal so I got names and called girls and we gather about 15 to 16 girls to play on a combined 16 and 17 year old team. We started practices in February and played our games in April and May on Saturdays. We had to travel 3 times to the wasatch front for two games a day. Most games we barely had enough girls to be on the field. I believe we had the record for injuries in a game every game but we played and had a lot of fun. I was the head coach and pretty much the only coach so it was a lot of stress and work but I loved it all. The girls were so much fun and played so hard and well. We had a losing season but they got playing time in the off season and made new friends and hopefully learned a little bit from me. Our team was Octane FC. Thanks for the great experience girls!
This was our team minus just two girls. We attempted to take one in our uniforms and our whole team there but we came home and I discovered they didn't take on my camera! I was so depressed but we have this one so it works. From the top left we have Kaitlyn, Brianna, Jessica, Ashlie, Aspen, Mackenzie, Amberly, Meagan, Erika, Kinsey, Suzie, Melissa and me. We are missing Shelby and Betty.
This was at the end of one of our games in Brigham City only game shot we got. They played hard but ended up losing this game. They make me so happy they were so much fun.
Group shot at our end of season party we had at the Willards house. Three of our players were sisters on our team and their mom was our team mom. So they volunteered their house for us.
I introduced them to a little game I like to call Spoons. Those who have played will understand this picture those who haven't talk to me I'll explain. They loved it. We should have played this a long time ago for team unity. We played for hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment